Yesterday Hayley's preschool group had a field trip planned to one of our local fire stations. We've done these tours with other preschool groups in the past and the kids have always enjoyed them.
It turned out that Courtney got sick yesterday morning and threw up (not a ton, thankfully -- and not on the new carpet - whew! - but enough that I decided I needed to keep her home from her preschool). So Courtney was with us and fortunately didn't get sick while we were there (although she did throw up twice more yesterday).
After a little tour of inside the fire station, we went out to the garage to see the big truck. They told us it's a new truck that they got a couple of months ago. They let the kids that wanted to sit up in the driver's seat. (Both Courtney & Hayley took a turn, but several of the other girls were too scared/shy to try it.)
Everyone got fireman hats...
And they watched one of the firefighters put on all his gear (some of the kids were even too scared to stand by him for a picture).
Then they let the kids try on the coat -- I think my two girls were the only ones who wanted to.
We were almost done and were going to take a picture of all the kids standing in front of the truck when their alarm sounded for a call. So we all had to stand back and watch as they put on their gear and drove off in the truck with the lights and sirens going. They must have not been needed, because the truck came back before I had even left the station (I took my time leaving because I knew I couldn't go home yet due to a house showing).
It was a fun field trip!
No comments:
Post a Comment