Monday, April 28, 2008

Family Bike Ride

This evening for FHE we decided to go on a family bike ride, something we haven't done in a very long time. (It also passes off one of McKay's Cub Scout requirements -- bonus!) We told the kids at dinner and they were SO excited.

I think the hardest part is getting all the bikes out and hooking up the trailer (and of course, putting it all back away again nice and neatly in the shed). Here are the kids before we left:


Hayley got to ride in the trailer that Brian pulled:

We rode down the paved pathways for a while until we came to a spot where McKay knew there was a dirt trail that cut back to our neighborhood. I had never been on it before and it was a really nice ride -- the trail was in decent shape for bikes and was very wooded and just a pretty ride. Plus it helped that we had a cold front come through yesterday so the temperature was quite pleasant with low humidity.

Courtney wanted to be the first in line and pumped her legs on her small bike as fast as she could. She did fall off once (by running into McKay when he had stopped) but only had a minor scrape on her knee. I was always the one bringing up the rear, but at least I was able to participate. :-) It was an enjoyable outing!

P.S. No news on the house today (and no showings either)... we'll keep waiting!

No comments: