Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Selling Your House, Day Two

Here's today's update on trying to sell our house. (I have to vent a little bit of frustration today, sorry!)

I got a call this morning about 9:35am from the showing service saying an agent wanted to show the home and schedule from 9:45 - 11:00am. Okay, I said, looking at my watch and realizing that gave me 10 whole minutes to get the house cleaned up and get out the door. Fortunately, the beds were already made and Courtney did a super job cleaning up the game room by herself. I hurried to clean up the kitchen and check last minute things and we headed out the door.

We went to another nearby park and the girls played while I worked on my grocery shopping list. When they got tired and my list was mostly done, I decided to head to the grocery store (Kroger, since they have a supervised kid's play area) and get a few things on sale from my list. I ended up with a fairly full cart, including several frozen and refrigerated items and just before I went to check out (about 11:15), I decided to call and check for messages. What do you know? The agent who had scheduled 9:45-11:00 wanted to reschedule for 11:30-12:30. Aargh! I want to be accommodating so people can see the house, but I can tell this process is going to be frustrating at times.

I decided to head home anyway and if no one was there, at least get my cold stuff in the freezer. When I ran inside, I saw a realtor's card on the counter which indicated they had already come, so we were safe to stay home. (whew)

We had another showing this afternoon -- 2:45 - 4:30pm, of course again right during the time the kids get off the bus from school. But this one turned out okay -- as I was parked across the street waiting for the bus, I saw the people come to look at the house, so after getting the kids and running to get gas in the van, we knew we were safe to come home before 4:30.

I'm really glad to have lots of showings -- I know the more people look at the house, the more quickly we'll find the right buyers. I just hope we're not doing this process until June!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Oh, the frustrations of showing a house!!! You're right - the more showings the better, but it is so frustrating - especially when they aren't very accommodating and keep changing times on you. I totally feel for you... it was bad enough for me when I only had the dogs to worry about and not four kids (and I wasn't home all day anyway). Hopefully it will sell quickly - wouldn't that be nice??

Sandra said...

Do you have to leave the house when they come? I've never heard of that....doesn't really happen here much that way, I guess. Good luck!

Ashley said...

good luck with your house! sounds like a lot of fun!!!