
He decided not to wear the pot on his head, but hook it to his belt. And he planned to wear his jeans, but we haven't got him new ones yet and when he put on last year's, they were so tight he could barely move in them. His teacher sent this picture of their class today:

Anyway, the girls and I dropped off the muffins (they are yummy! - I will put the recipe at the end of my post) and came back home. My next goal -- easily accomplished, I thought -- was to get the kitchen floor vacuumed and mopped and the downstairs vacuumed. I first got distracted with several e-mails that came in all of a sudden regarding some toys the kids wanted to sell on the on-line classifieds.
Then there's the book part. I've realized why I don't usually read books "for fun" -- I don't get anything else done! Our Relief Society is starting up a Book Review group and I decided to try it. This month they picked the book "Beauty" (by Robin McKinley) which is basically a more grown-up version of "Beauty and the Beast" than you get in the Disney movie. It sounded interesting to me, so I checked it out from the library and started it yesterday.
My problem is that I have a hard time putting books down and just reading in little intervals. So I pick it up, thinking I'll just sneak in a couple of pages and before I know it, the whole morning is gone. There I was, standing in the middle of the kitchen with book in hand, somehow thinking that the floors might magically clean themselves (they did in the story, anyway!). I didn't even bother to go sit down -- that of course would be akin to admitting that I was not going to get any work done. In the end, I did finish the book and I did enjoy it, but I'm suffering the consequences now that it's 10:30pm and still much to do before bedtime.
I did manage to get the kitchen floors cleaned this afternoon, but when I finished it was too late to start the dinner I had planned because of Cub Scouts, so we ended up ordering pizza.
The girl's white dresser finally got delivered today -- hooray! I'll try to take a picture of it tomorrow. And tonight it was Cub Scout Pack Meeting and McKay earned his Wolf badge -- another hooray!


He also earned a couple of belt loops and several arrows.
Well, I'd best be getting on with my work (posting here is another "luxury" like book reading that I will glady choose over chores).
Here is the recipe I promised!
Applesauce Muffins
2 C. flour
3/4 C. sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 C. applesauce (the recipe calls for "unsweetened," but I've used regular and they turned out good)
1 stick butter, melted
Line 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners. Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk to blend. Add the egg, applesauce and melted butter. Stir until just blended. Spoon into muffin cups. Bake at 375 for 18-20 minutes.
No comments:
Post a Comment