Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Little Mermaid

The girls have watched a couple of videos lately that involve mermaids (Barbie Mermaidia and a Backyardigans episode) and the other day Courtney borrowed some of my scrapbooking specialty scissors (and a star punch) and set to work making her own mermaid:



She did this totally on her own -- I was pretty impressed! She even got the sea shell "look"! She really enjoys coloring and cutting and gluing, etc. as do the other two girls. McKay has never enjoyed it -- he was just moaning the other day about how much he hates art at school because in his opinion he is "terrible" at art.

And I had to share this picture of how Courtney watches some of these videos:



Honestly, I don't know how a person can watch TV upside-down and really enjoy it, but she does. Personally, I think I would get a headache. (And she doesn't stay like that for the entire show, but I sure see her little feet sticking up over the couch a lot!)

I mentioned last time that we are going out of town this weekend. Brian's mom and sister are flying in to Dallas for a short visit with his other two sisters up there. Brian has also needed to meet with an accountant in Dallas, so we decided to take the kids out of school for a day and head up there for the weekend. We have Open House at the elementary school Thursday night, so the current plan is to leave early Friday morning (Brian has a Friday afternoon appointment with the accountant). On Saturday, we (the "girls") might head over to Canton, which is famous for its huge monthly craft "trade fair" (flea market). I went once with his sisters several years ago.

I hate for the kids to miss school, but I also know that they will be just fine. McKay will also miss baseball practice and his game on Saturday, so he was a little bummed about that.

I'll end tonight with my sweet baby showing me her I-just-woke-up-from-a-nap face:


Good night!

No comments: