I have to tell what happened during church today. I had been asked to play the piano for the musical number in Sacrament Meeting. I chose an arrangement of a medley of Primary songs and I really had to practice it. (That's good for me!) I was pretty nervous about making mistakes.
We got to church a few minutes early, and I propped up the piano "lid" and set my music in place (four sheets that I spread out). When it was my turn to play, I walked up to the piano and found my music all over the floor. I should have taken the hint that there could be problems. (You can probably guess where this story is going.)
I started playing and had only played a few lines when the air conditioner kicked on and blew the music right off into my lap. Uh-oh. (Our building is notorious for having a really good air conditioning system -- we are always cold!) It flustered me a little and I had to completely stop playing as I hurried to put the music back up, but I didn't know how to keep it from blowing off again. So I turned and tapped on the sister's shoulder who had just spoken and was sitting on the stand (they are a new family in the ward) and asked her if she would come hold the music for me. She did and I was able to get through the rest of the song without anything else major happening. Whew! I did get a lot of nice compliments afterward despite the "technical difficulties."
They also announced today that they are creating a fifth ward in our area (right now there are four). The changes do not affect our ward boundaries at all, but the other three wards are being affected. It does mean that there will now be three wards meeting in our building, so starting next week, we will be meeting at 8:30am instead of 9:00. That is going to be tricky! I don't know if everyone will get the message, so I bet a lot of people still show up at 9:00 next week. We will actually be out of town next Sunday. Brian's mom and sister and flying in to Dallas, so we decided to go up for the weekend and visit with them while they're here. (I'll write more about that later.)
Time to go clean up and start getting kids ready for bed!
No comments:
Post a Comment