Thursday, September 27, 2007

Late Night Catch-Up

Okay, I know I should really be in bed right now, seeing as how I have to get everyone up early and ready to drive up to Julie's in the morning. I've been trying to finish up a few last minute things and wanted to post the "news" of the day so I wouldn't get too far behind. :-)

First of all, here is a picture of the girl's new dresser that I promised to post:


Next, tonight was Open House at the elementary school. So many people! Parking is just crazy at an event like this where the whole school attends at the same time. We visited Hannah's class first and then McKay's two classes (he switches teachers halfway through the day). I took some pictures of Hannah at school recently, but I hadn't had the chance to take any of McKay. So here he is sitting at his homeroom desk:



And this is his homeroom teacher, Mrs. VanZandt. She teaches language arts and is expecting twins in a month or so.




This is McKay with Mrs. St. Angelo, his math and science/social studies teacher in the afternoon.



When we came home from Open House, I was trying (not very successfully, I might add!) to get the kids ready for bed when Courtney & Hayley came running upstairs all excited. They produced this water bottle with a pretty good-sized frog in it.



Courtney and I had seen a little lizard inside the back door earlier today and we managed to "shoo" it back outside. I guess she and Hayley decided to go outside (in the dark, no less) and try to catch something. When they opened the back door, they saw this frog on the steps so Courtney grabbed this water bottle and managed to catch the frog all by herself. (It seemed like the frog was plenty big for the water bottle opening!) She was so excited that she left the back door wide open when she came running in. :-) (And I might add, she is not wearing anything below the waist as she had recently gone potty and failed to put her pants back on. So not only was she outside in the dark, but she had no pants on.)

I tried taking a close up of the frog in the bottle:


We let the frog go after a few minutes and McKay decided he'd rather not use that particular water bottle anymore, so it went to the recycling bin. :-)

Before I quit tonight, I'm going to try adding a little video clip of McKay playing the piano. I don't know how well this will work:




He is playing Fur Elise, and I think you can tell he has most of it memorized by now (especially the first part, which he often just repeats over and over, forgetting to keep going with the rest of the song!). This is just part of the song -- he had set a timer earlier and it went off before he finished, so I cut off the video there (plus the first part is cut off since he repeats it). His piano teacher and I are working on his piano "posture" and trying to get him to curl his fingers more, but he is doing well! (Hannah is too -- if this works, I'll try to get one of her too sometime soon.)

I probably won't post anymore until we get back from our weekend excursion!

No comments: