Sunday, September 16, 2007

Listen to the Bells

Okay, that is kind of a corny title tonight but it's the best I could come up with. :-) Let me explain it...

Our Primary chorister recently asked the kids if any of them played instruments that they might be able to play as part of the Primary Sacrament Meeting program (which I think is in November for our ward). McKay said he plays the piano, but since it wouldn't really work for the kids to play the piano during the program, she asked him if would be willing to play a song on the "bells" (xylophone). He was very excited and agreed to do it.

Today she brought the small xylophone set to church for us to take home. (Her older son has played percussion for several years in the band and they had this set at home.) McKay is going to be playing the Primary song "Listen, Listen" which is very short and simple. We brought home the xylophone and McKay couldn't wait to practice:


He has the song pretty much memorized (it is only two lines long) but still needs to practice so he is confident enough to get through it even if he makes a mistake or two.

Hannah volunteered to sing a solo in the program, but as there weren't many solo "spots," she instead will be singing in a small group. I think they are doing the first verse of "I'm Trying to Be Like Jesus." She is definitely the best singer in our family.

Hayley picked out her "holiday" dress to wear to church today because it was "so pretty" and she wanted a big fluffy skirt to twirl around in. So I had to take a picture (of course!).


She is doing pretty good in the toddler bed. She did take a nap in it this afternoon, although she had a hard time getting to sleep tonight. She has still been getting up at least once during the night, so we'll see if that trend continues.

I've come to realize that I am quite dependent on this little computer of ours and its Internet connection. Brian had the Internet and our server (where all our files are stored) disabled for a while this evening while he worked on some stuff on our server, and I was trying to finish up some stuff before bedtime, but kept realizing "I can't do that without the computer!" Things like check over my calendar for the week (which I keep on-line, so Brian and I can both access it during the day), see what library books are due tomorrow, work on copying some recipes for RS enrichment this week (files are on the server), etc. It's amazing how much we've come to rely on technology.

It's shaping up to be a pretty busy week! Maybe I'd better go print out my calendar so I have it just in case...

No comments: