Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Flubber FHE

I have a minute to catch my breath today now that preschool is over and the other two aren't home yet (but will be shortly). I wanted to share a few pictures from FHE last night. As I mentioned, we made "flubber" which is sort of like silly putty. I made it several years ago when I did preschool with McKay and he's been asking me recently to make it again. It's made from a mixture of water, white glue and Borax (a "laundry booster").

Before we started FHE, I went upstairs and measured out the Borax in a little ziploc so I wouldn't have to bring the whole box downstairs. It was sitting on the counter and we were gathering in the family room when I noticed Courtney over in the kitchen. She made some comment about tasting the "sugar," so I immediately yelled at her to stop whatever she was doing. She had dumped out most of the bag of Borax (white powder) on the counter and I think got a finger on her lips before I stopped her. Not good stuff for little ones to get in their mouths.

The flubber came together well and the kids had fun playing with it for a few minutes:



Courtney was in charge of treats and had made a specific request for "rainbow ice cream" (more commonly known as Neopolitan) so they enjoyed a quick treat before heading off to bed.


No comments: