*Quote of the Day: "Mom, my eyes got a sunburn!" (Hayley, covering her eyes when the bright lights were first turned on this morning)
*Tip of the Day: Never let flubber get on kid's clothes. Ever.
*Irony of the Day: Guess who left their lunch box at school? McKay.
Now on to preschool! It was big first day of preschool here today. The girls were both so excited. Courtney couldn't wait for me to pack her lunch this morning (I kept telling her she had to wait until I got the other two on the bus first). Here she is all ready to go!

We got there about 5 minutes early and they hadn’t opened the classroom door yet (there is no car line drop-off for the first couple of weeks). She stood right by the door and kept asking me if she could knock. The minute the teachers opened the door, she barged right in, but had to come back out to take off her backpack and put away her lunch in the hall. Then when I turned around to stay good-bye, she was already back in the classroom getting started with things! When I picked her up, she said she had a good day and seemed a little tired, but I think she will enjoy the year!
Hayley's preschool group also went well this morning. Here is a picture I took of all 5 girls:

They are going to be a lot of fun! They sat and listened and participated and waited patiently at the table while we did everyone's handprint one at a time (and washed off) and played together so nicely! During playtime, they were mostly upstairs playing with the dolls and play food and ponies -- so sweet! One little girl is about a year younger than the others (turned 2 in April) so she gets more easily distracted and doesn't have quite the attention span as the others, but I thouht she did pretty well, considering.
One of the funny things about this group is that we have two girls who have the same name as siblings of other girls (for example, one girl is named Hannah). So they get a little confused at times, but I think they will get used to it.
It was a fun preschool day!
1 comment:
that is tooo funny about the lunch box! ha ha ir always happens like that huh! sounds like you are busy and the little girls look like fun! well hope you guys are great!!
Post a Comment