Monday, September 3, 2007

Late Night Preparations

I thought I'd post briefly before I head off to bed this late night. I've been trying to get everything ready for a busy morning -- I think it's going to be a little crazy! We'll have the usual send-off of the two older kids for school after a long weekend, plus it's the first day of preschool for both Courtney and Hayley (and I'm teaching Hayley's group).

Courtney can't wait for preschool. She goes from 9:00am - 2:00pm so she gets to eat lunch which she is thrilled about. (That means I have to pack 3 lunches and 3 snacks in the morning.) I have to walk her in to class the first couple of weeks until they start car line drop-off, so I hope I can get back home by 9:15 when Hayley's preschool starts (we're doing two hours until 11:15). There are five girls in Hayley's group and I'm excited to see how it all goes! I hope I'm all ready for it because I don't think there will be much extra time in the morning.

Today ended up being a pretty busy day for a "hang-out-at-home" holiday. I had to run a couple of errands the the kids still had piano lessons this afternoon. We got some rain and tried a new recipe for dinner (which has a story behind it but that will have to wait until later). For FHE, we ended up making a batch of "flubber" for the kids -- McKay's been begging me to make some and since I hadn't had time to put a regular lesson together, we just went with that. I took some pictures, but haven't had the chance to transfer them over yet so those will have to wait until later too. (Sorry!) :-)

Right now it is time for me to get to bed!

No comments: