Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Weaving Webs

We have a couple of spiders in our front yard that like to put up some pretty impressive webs. It doesn't bother me so much until you accidentally plow through the web and get it all over you (sometimes they stretch across the sidewalk or porch).

This morning was Hayley's preschool group at our house and when the moms came to pick up their girls, we all noticed a really big web near the front door (but up high enough so you didn't have to walk through it). It is pretty amazing to think about a little creature making something so elaborate. So I tried to take a picture, but didn't expect it to turn out very well. Here is the best I ended up with:



I have one more week teaching Hayley's preschool group (actually only one more day since today is already done!). Today we talked about the shape of our bodies and I tried tracing the girls outlines on butcher paper. Then I let them add their face and color in what they wanted.


It was harder than I thought to get the outline -- especially their heads! They kept moving around and their long hair made it hard to trace. But it turned out okay and I think they enjoyed the activity.

Speaking of Hayley, I am having a growing problem with her eating habits. She is constantly sneaking snacks out of the pantry (I am actually considering trying to lock it somehow) and then she won't sit and eat very much at mealtime. She'll take one or two bites, announce she's "done" and leave the table. She also tries to sneak food with her away from the table and eat it while wandeirng around the house. Definitely something we need to work on.

The other "problem" I have been having with Hayley lately is she is waking up early (6:00am or before) and wanting to play. This has started since she learned how to climb out of her crib. I really can't make her go back to sleep (although if it gets closer to 5:30am, I am going to make her get back in bed), so I guess we just have to learn to deal with it!

McKay rode his bike to school this morning for the first time. We'll see if he wants to continue riding it as his regular mode of transportation. It is good exercise for him. Hannah of course wanted to know why she couldn't ride her bike too, but I am not ready to let her ride, even with McKay. I don't know if she is a confident enough rider to deal with all the bike traffic there is on the pathways.

It will be time to go pick up Courtney pretty soon, so I'd better get busy with some chores!

No comments: