Such as...
(Sorry if this is way more detail than you ever wanted to know about life around here... :-) )
Monday I decided to try taking Courtney & Hayley to story time at the library. We have never been to the story time at this new library. I went quite a while ago to the old library once -- probably when Hannah and Courtney were little -- and just remember that it was a "disaster" and I vowed I wasn't doing that for a long, long time. I finally decided to give it another go with Courtney and Hayley being a little older. We went to the Preschool Story Time (for ages 3-6) and they both seemed to enjoy it. Courtney was quite talkative in blurting out answers and opinions everytime the librarian made a comment/question about the book she was reading. They even got a little snack and got to make a cute little dinosaur craft.
Monday is also busy with piano lessons for McKay & Hannah right after school. The teacher is quite impressed with Hannah's self motivation so far (she works ahead on her own in the book) and tells me we need to work with McKay on not being so lazy in his posture while he is playing (he slumps and flattens his wrists).
Monday night for FHE we announced our new allowance plan for the kids. We gave McKay & Hannah allowances last school year but stopped over the summer. Courtney has been begging to get some money of her own, so we are trying a slightly different approach. We presented them each with a "family contract" that they had to sign (along with Brian and me). It listed their obligations (follow the family rules, keep up with homework/piano practice, do chores as assigned, etc.) and our agreement to them (how much they get paid, we provide food, etc.). We'll see how it goes...
Tuesday was a preschool day, and also the first time that I have had a couple of hours with no kids at home! Wow! That has not happened since McKay entered our lives almost nine years ago. I dropped Hayley off at preschool (another Mom's turn to teach this week) and was a little worried that she would turn all clingy on me like she does for Nursery on Sunday, but she was just fine and so excited to go.
My two free hours were spent mostly at the chiropractor's office for my monthly appointment. (The first time I have had a doctor's appt. and not had to make arrangements for someone to watch kids!) My back is doing pretty good these days, as long as I'm careful about what I lift and keep up with my stretches and exercises.
After I picked up Hayley from preschool, we made a quick stop to meet a lady and buy some girl's clothes she had listed on the local online community classifieds (yep, I'm still buying and selling stuff!). They were some little Halloween outfits from Target (they have different designs every year) and were a good price, so I picked them up for Courtney. She was so excited she wanted to wear them the rest of the day.

Since Courtney got Halloween clothes, I went ahead and bought the other two girls little Halloween shirts as well. (McKay just got a new shirt for school pictures -- they did have Halloween boy shirts, but there is no way he would wear them as they were more the spooky/gross genre and not cute like the girl's.)
Speaking of Halloween, I also bought a Halloween costume for Courtney from the online classifieds. It is a "bat princess" or something like that and both Courtney and Hayley tried it on. Now Hayley thinks it is her costume and begs me for it every day. (I had to lock it up in the closet for now.) I guess we are thinking about Halloween a little early around here!
Today I took Hayley in to JCPenney for her 3-year-old pictures. Courtney came along, of course, and after pictures we walked down to the indoor play area in the mall so the girls could play for a minute (some friends from church were also meeting there to play). I bought her a simple little dress for her pictures -- she did great and the pictures turned out cute so of course i had to buy a bunch to get lots of different poses. Here she is later in the day with the dress she wore:

Also today I got to try out my new floor cleaner. Yeah! I've had a Hoover FloorMate for several years to clean our tile floors and it has gradually been getting worse in its ability to clean (and a couple of small parts are broken). So I ordered me a new one that came yesterday and got put to use today. It worked good -- here is Hayley trying to push it around after I emptied out the tanks:

Courtney had great fun with the box it came in and turned it into a rocket ship. She decided to color almost the entire interior of the box!

I have also been working on my "donation" for our RS Enrichment tomorrow night. We are doing a service auction and we are supposed to bring an item or talent to auction off (with points that are earned from a questionnaire). I decided to put together a book of favorite recipes and include a plate with a few brownies and cookies. So tonight I made our favorite Gingersnaps -- Courtney and Hayley shared the honor of licking the beater:

McKay had Cub Scouts tonight and Brian's been working late (getting ready to move out of his office into a cubicle with everyone else - bummer) so it's been busy, busy, busy!
Now I've got to go tackle the huge sink full of dishes and the toys all over the floor and try to finish up the recipe book and make a shopping list and... you get the idea. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment