Here's my big 3rd Grader McKay. He decided to get one button-up shirt this year -- he wears almost exclusively T-shirts. I tried to get him to try wearing it with a white T-shirt underneath and having this be an outer, un-buttoned shirt, but he would not have anything to do with that. By the end of the day, he was complaining about how uncomfortable the shirt was, so I doubt he'll choose to wear it very many more times.

And my cute little 1st Grader Hannah. Of course it didn't take long before her nice white clothes had stains of all kinds (syrup, lip gloss (!), pizza, ice cream, and who knows what else) but hopefully they will wash out okay. It turns out a little girl at our bus stop is also in her class (just lives across the street).

And here are the two of them together:

Courtney & Hayley were also up and dressed in time to go out to the bus (I imagine many days they will still be in their jammies).

I'm not sure why Courtney had been crying in this picture, but she cried quite a bit this morning. She cried asking when they would come back home, but she especially cried asking why she had to wait so much longer to go to her preschool (it starts next week). She wanted so badly to get on the bus with them this morning and go to school. I'm trying to use this to help keep her motivated in the potty training area (telling her she needs to know how to go potty to go to preschool) and she didn't do too badly today, but still had some minor accidents as usual.
I made the kids stop for a picture before they got on the bus (they were anxious to get right on). Our stop is one of the first on the route, so there are only a handful of kids already on the bus.

About 5 minutes after school got out today, it started pouring rain. Since the kids had piano lessons right after school, I drove the van down to the bus stop (just two houses down the street) so they wouldn't get wet. I took them to their lessons and went to the library while we waited.
They both said they had a great first day! McKay said he really liked his homeroom teacher and he especially liked that she told a lot of stories. I didn't get a lot of details out of Hannah, but that's pretty typical for her. She did start off with a bang, however, by leaving her lunchbox at school (hopefully in the classroom!) and by forgetting to turn in the papers we had picked up at "Meet the Teacher." Unfortunately, this happens quite frequently with her and I hope she is able to improve this year. There were countless times in kindergarten when she would have something in her backpack to turn in, but despite my reminders all morning long and as she got on the bus, she would still forget and it would be sitting in her backpack when she got home again. I need to find a way to help her remember things like that.
Tomorrow is orientation for both of their grades, so I'm sure we'll get lots more info there!
No comments:
Post a Comment