Tropical Storm Erin has brought some rain to South Texas. Fortunately, we are not flooding up here like areas south of here have been. I've just been glad to get some rain to cool things down and water the lawn. :-)
I had been planning to brave an outing with the kids this morning and take them down to the Museum of Natural Science downtown to see the Butterfly Center and possibly an IMAX movie. But with so much street flooding yesterday and more rain predicted for today, we have decided to play it safe and stay home. (Well, I told the kids we'd still go out to lunch to make it up to them.) McKay and Hannah were pretty disappointed, but I just don't want to risk getting stranded somewhere.
Today is also the start of the tax-free weekend here in Texas, where there is no sales tax on clothing items (and certain other school-related things like backpacks). We might try to go do a little shopping, although I imagine there will be large crowds. I have most of their school shopping done, so we don't need a whole lot.
Time to go get the gang dressed for the day!
No comments:
Post a Comment