Sunday, August 19, 2007

Yesterday's Pics & Dress #1

The laptop is working for the moment (I think Brian is going to order a new hard drive), so I was able to get the pictures from yesterday transferred over. Not that they're pictures of anything unusual (or even that great of pictures) -- just our usual Saturday around the house.

The girls have been playing with our larger Tonka dump truck and fire truck -- sitting or kneeling on them and then scooting themselves all around the house. It is very noisy when they're on the kitchen floor! (And you can tell it was a didn't-get-anyone's-hair-combed day too!)



McKay spent a good part of the day yesterday playing his new car racing computer game that he bought at Target (with the money earned from selling some of his Rescue Heroes). Brian helped him get it installed and McKay was extra excited to learn that our computer steering wheel works with it. (The other racing games we've tried with this steering wheel control haven't worked.) The pedal part is broken, but McKay said you can use some of the buttons on the steering wheel to control acceleration and braking.



And finally, I did wear one of my new dresses to church today. I had McKay take a picture this morning:



I guess I am keeping this one since I wore it. :-) The other one is a dark purple (two pieces) with short sleeves. I'm still deciding on that one.

Primary went pretty well today. At least our kids remembered the topic of Sharing Time at dinner time. I'm just glad it's over and I don't have to worry about that every week right now. I do need to start worrying about my real calling (RS Enrichment Mid-Week activity specialist, or something like that). I am meeting with the counselor over Enrichment this week to go over ideas for starting up the mid week activities again (we've taken a break over the summer since so many people are gone).

One more week left until school starts! It's going to be a busy week -- a few appointments, plus bedrooms to re-do and kids to move around! And maybe even some remnants of a hurricane to boot!

No comments: