Thursday, August 23, 2007

Think Pink!

The painting party is in full swing! It's a lot of chaos around here, but we're having fun and getting some work done (well, actually, I'm not doing an awful lot of work -- Brian's sisters are doing most of the work -- they're awesome!).

We start with an emptied-out room:




decide on a color (always a tough decision for me!) and start painting!



Have lots of helpers:






then put together some new bunk beds:



and there are two very happy and excited girls!



Brian's not too sure about the totally pink room, but the girls love it. We still need to put up the wallpaper border and white curtain valances tomorrow, then get some more furniture (a white dresser and bookcase are planned but don't have them quite yet). It is most definitely a girl's room now!

McKay was feeling a little left out and really wanted his new room painted too. He was set on blue at first, but we said blue would be too much because his new bedding is blue and he wouldn't want to do all the walls a darker blue. We were finally able to convince him that a neutral tan color would work well, so he helped pick out a navy tabbed valance and new curtain rod and Julie also managed to get that room painted tonight too!



He doesn't get to sleep in his new room until our helpers are gone (they are leaving tomorrow) and we still need furniture for his room too (a dresser and I hope a small desk).

Lots of fun changes thanks to lots of super helpers! THANK YOU!

In other news, I took McKay and Hannah to the school for "Stop & Drop" where they get to meet their teachers, see their classrooms, etc. We got them their new school T-shirts and went to Hannah's classroom first. She got to pick her desk and saw some of her friends from Kindergarten. Her teacher was very nice -- I'm not sure of her nationality but I'm guessing she is Filipino or Hawaiian. (I could be totally wrong there...)

Next we headed to McKay's classroom to meet his teacher. We found out that there is no separate GT (gifted & talented) class this year because there are 8 teachers, so he does have a "switch" teacher. He also saw a couple of kids from his class last year that are in his class again. His teacher looked to me to be expecting a baby (but I'm not positive), so it's possible he will have a long-term sub at some point in the year. We all liked her as well!

Only a few more days to get things settled and ready for back to school!


No comments: