We knew both McKay & Hannah needed new bikes. McKay's got stolen the end of school last year, and Hannah needs to move up to a bigger size. And we were able to find them both decent bikes at a pretty good price.
We got McKay's first -- he and Brian went to pick it up on Monday evening after FHE. When we showed him the picture, he wasn't thrilled about it -- he said it wasn't his favorite color (yellow), but he agreed to look at it. It's also a little different style of bike -- I'm not sure the exact term, but it has some kind of shock absorber so there isn't a solid pipe down from the bike seat (it's kind of suspended, if that makes any sense).

Brian said it's definitely a used bike, but seems to be in pretty good condition and they only wanted $25 for it, so we got it. McKay has gotten more excited about it and told me now he "really likes" it.
Last night we went to look at a bike for Hannah. This was a 20" girl's single-speed Schwinn bike. it also seemed to be in good condition and I wondered if she would complain because it isn't purple or pink, but she was really excited about it. (This cost us $30.)

The family we bought Hannah's bike from is getting ready to move to England so they had a bunch of other stuff they were selling. They has this little bitty bike in their garage they said we could have for $5. We had Hayley try it and she was so excited to have her own bike. She needs to work on pedaling and steering at the same time, but since we don't have any bikes this small, we decided to get it for her.

And here are a few more pictures from yesterday that I have to share as well. First up, is Courtney with her French-braided hair:

I am not good at French-braiding, but we decided to try it. It didn't look terrible at first, at least looking at it from the front (didn't look great either, especially from the back!). A little while later, all of one side had fallen out so I tried to re-do it, but it looked pretty messy by the end of the day.
Hayley was eating some applesauce for lunch and dripped a little on her clothes, so she immediately stripped to finish eating. :-)

And finally, here are my two girls after playing outside for a short period. They were initially going to plant some "seeds" (dried beans) but somehow ended up using the watering can to make mud and smearing the mud all over their legs. It dried pretty quickly so I had to march them up to the tub.

I have some birthday pictures to share, but McKay is taking me to an Astros game tonight so I don't know if I'll get it up tonight or not!
No comments:
Post a Comment