
I had a few more responses from our classifieds listing on the bunk beds and one couple came to see them this morning. (I think he told me on the phone that he is a Houston firefighter.) They brought their truck with a trailer and ended up taking the beds with them! (I did end up lowering the price to $150.) Fortunately, the two of them were able to carry the heavy pieces down the stairs okay -- I certainly couldn't help in that department.
McKay was so excited to help take the beds apart and ran down to the garage to get Brian's cordless drill and helped take out a lot of the screws. The girls were also very excited to help carry drawers and such out to their truck. Even though we didn't get quite what we hoped for out of them, it is so nice to have them sold!
Julie picked up the new bunk beds for us today and is coming down next week to help me paint and decorate. I can't wait to see the finished rooms! Now I just need to hurry and find some other furniture like dressers...
After the bunk beds left, McKay and I went through his clothes and decided what was too small and what to keep (he is growing too fast!). Then he decided to take down the shelves by himself:

So now the floor in there is a huge mess -- we'll have to tackle that some tomorrow!
McKay also decided as he was going through some things that he wants to try selling some of his Rescue Hero toys on the classifieds (he has been watching how much we have been doing on there). So he set them up and took a picture and I posted it for him tonight. We gave a "take all" price as well as individual prices, so we'll see if any of it sells. We told him he could keep any money he earns from selling them.
I have to end with a couple of pictures of my cute, funny girls tonight. First is Courtney fresh out of the bathtub:

She and Hannah recently have wanted me to wrap their hair in a towel after their bath (like they see me do when I shower). They think it is pretty neat (and her other towel is about falling off in this picture!). The funniest part of this was that McKay also had to try having his hair wrapped in a towel after his shower too! He didn't keep it on long because it was too tight and he announced that it was a "girl thing." :-)
And finally, little Hayley (who is almost 3!):

She came galloping down the hallway with the hat and horse and since I had the camera right there, I had to snap a picture!
1 comment:
I'm glad you sold the bunk beds! That's a pretty cool thing that you can use the local classifieds...hopefully McKay will get something for his Rescue Heroes toys. Kent wants to do something like that (on ebay, supposedly), but his dad hasn't taken the pictures yet. :-) We'll see how that goes! I finally broke down and got a google account because so many of my friends have blogs now and I couldn't post any comments!! I love reading of your daily adventures! Thanks for sharing.
Sandra
Post a Comment