All the kids are sleeping in their "new" rooms tonight (although technically, we didn't do anything to Hayley's room). They are all excited about it. Here's the progress we made today.
Hannah & Courtney's room got the wallpaper border and white valances:

McKay's room got a navy valance and new baseball bedding (plus we took the box springs off so you can see more of the headboard):
Now we just need to finish up the furniture aspect and get all the "stuff" moved around and put in a spot. I spent a couple of hours at a furniture store this afternoon and bought several pieces that will be delivered next week (except for one dresser that was out of stock so it will come later). I ordered a dresser for the girl's room (on back order), a dresser and nightstand for McKay's room and a chair-and-a-half plus a very big ottoman to go in our dining room downstairs (which we don't use as a dining room -- it's our "library/music room"). I hope it will be decent furniture. I've looked around quite a bit and am just ready to get some furniture in the house!
Our company left this afternoon -- we are grateful for all of their help. Lots to do tomorrow to get stuff put away and get other stuff ready for school on Monday!
No comments:
Post a Comment