
So, yesterday was my birthday and I think the kids were much more excited than I was. Not that I have anything against birthdays, it's just a reminder that I'm not as young as I like to think I am sometimes. :-) The kids kept asking me all day what games we were going to play and why I wasn't inviting any friends over.
I decided to let the kids be in charge of my cake this year (Brian wanted to help, but it's hard with his work schedule during the week). So, with a little supervision, they mixed and poured...

... and were the best at licking the bowl!


They couldn't wait to decorate the cake. They chose pink for the main color and McKay mixed it up:

Courtney wanted to help frost...

McKay wrote "Happy Birthday" (and ran out of icing, so he had to keep switching colors!)...

Hannah wrote "Mom"...

And everyone got a "corner" to decorate anyway they wanted with the other frosting!




(McKay did a heart, Courtney did a rabbit and frog, and when I asked Hannah if she was drawing someting in particular, she said no, she was just putting lots of frosting and please make sure that that was the piece she got to eat because she really likes frosting!)
What a great birthday cake!
No comments:
Post a Comment