It's much later than I should be up (again), but I had to post tonight before I head to bed. I'm sure you are all wondering about the big question of the day -- did Hannah bring home her lunch box? The answer is Yes (hooray!) but she forgot her water bottle. :-) Last year, I think she went through about 3 water bottles. The bus driver had her lunch box this morning, so she took it to school with her and did remember to bring it home. I hope it quickly becomes a habit for her.
In other events of the day, Hayley finally got brave enough to climb all the way out of her crib by herself tonight. She was calling for me as I was downstairs washing the dishes, but I didn’t go up right away and the next thing I knew, she was coming down the stairs. The other night she came downstairs and I thought she had climbed out, but it turned out that I just forgot to put up the railing. But tonight the railing was up. I knew it was going to happen eventually, and she has stayed in the crib longer than any of the other kids (mostly because she didn't get forced out to make room for a new baby). But the crib sure is nice for getting her to take naps and settle down at bedtime a little easier. Maybe she'll stay there a little while longer until I'm ready to deal with the transition to a "big bed."
And speaking of big beds, McKay has all of a sudden gotten scared to sleep in his new room by himself. Tonight when I came back up to put Hayley back in bed, I found him with his pillow and blanket on the floor in the girl's room. Brian got him to go back to his bed, but he soon went back to the floor in the girl's room. I decided to just let him stay there, and eventually he must have decided the floor wasn't that comfortable because he did go back to his room (albeit still upset quite a bit). Hopefully this too is just a quickly passing phase for him.
Tomorrow is Courtney's preschool orientation and meet the teacher day. She is SO excited but has made several comments today about not being potty trained yet. So we'll see what happens there.
Okay, time for me to call it quits!
1 comment:
I think McKay is just going through a phase. My kids did that when we moved to Spanish and they each had their own rooms. Initially we had the bunk beds in Kent's room, and Kelsey actually slept in there with him for a while before she wanted to sleep by herself in her room.
Post a Comment