We bought bikes and a few toys and I'm still looking possibly for a decent dresser and/or desk for McKay to use in his "new" room. I've sold a few of our toys and have listed several more things that aren't selling quite so fast (like our old recliner chair and one of McKay's old bikes). But the main thing that we've been trying to sell is our bunk beds. Here is the picture I posted of them:
It has been a frustrating experience. We started out asking $200 for them (we are keeping the mattresses and they are pretty marked up and scratched in places). Now we are willing to take $150 or maybe even less. They have generated a lot of interest -- especially after I first listed them -- but it has all kind of fizzled. I was trying so hard to be "fair" and keep the order of who responded first, but people have just not responded or shown up when they initially indicated a lot of interest or wanted to come see them and by then, other people I've held off (in keeping the "fair" order) are no longer interested, or whatever.
So, here's hoping they will sell in the next little while, because we need them gone when we paint the rooms and put in the new bunk beds. We are just going to get some simple white traditional twin-over-twin beds for the girls to use in the room. We hope it will give them a little more room to play in there (without this "T" shaped bed) and make the room a little brighter and fun for them. We were going to order the new bunk beds online, but found out the Web site also has a store that happens to be very near Brian's sister Julie's house and it's cheaper if they don't have to be shipped, so she is going to try to get them for us and just bring them down. (She was planning to come down anyway in the next week or two to help me work on the rooms.)
All in all, it's been a learning experience for me, and I'm sure I have a lot more to learn. I have never been one to be very comfortable in bartering or negotiating (or just plain selling things, for that matter). I've been surprised how quickly a few of our things sold (within a few hours) and will also be surprised if a few of our things even sell at all. We're trying to think of what "stuff" we have that someone else might want! Anyone out there want some bunk beds? :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment