Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Let the Party Begin!

I really should be in bed right now, but wanted to post something quick first. I had to go grocery shopping tonight and got a late start, so it is past bedtime by now.

I'm excited to get started on the kid's rooms tomorrow! It looks like there will be extra helpers coming too! I talked to Julie this evening and she is coming tomorrow early afternoon and bringing her married daughter Ashley with her (whose husband just got deployed to Iraq) and also Brian's sister Teresa. Plus all their kids (except the teenager) -- 6 cousins to play with! I feel like I have a zillion things I need to get done before they get here, but I'm excited. Hopefully the next few days will go smoothly.

McKay has spent most of his day today playing a new flight simulator game that Brian got. He loves it and wants to buy a joystick for it (except he just spent all his money on a car racing game!). He has been learning all kinds of things about different planes and how to taxi and land and all that fun stuff. He woke up at 5:40am this morning and then tried to wake Hannah up to go watch him play! (I made him get back in bed until 6:00 and let Hannah sleep.)

I ran into Hannah's piano teacher at the grocery store tonight and she said she thinks Hannah is very bright and is just going to take off with the piano. She has really been enjoying her lessons so far and is doing great!

It's another no-picture day today, so I am headed to bed!

No comments: